Planning a wedding is harder than a lot of people may think. There are a lot of details that have to be taken care of. We give you a list of 5 of the tips that we think are the most important ones to start preparing the wedding of your dreams.
- Hire a wedding planner: This is an essential thing if you want to keep everything perfectly organized and ready for your big day. The wedding planner is a person that will work with the couple for months before to make sure that everything is ready. It’s the person that will help to reduce stress by managing and organizing all the details from start to finish, and will also make sure that the couple is getting the most for their budget. The perfect wedding planner will not make decisions for you, but she will help you to make informed decisions and to ensure that your plan is executed accordingly.
- Set a budget: We recommend that you set your budget right after you’ve hired your wedding planner so they can help you to estimate your expenses and give you the best advices on where to splurge and where to save.
- Pick a date: What kind of wedding do you want? Do you dream with a fall wedding? Or maybe a summer wedding? Most of the weddings happen during summer, but keep on mind that off-season weddings are way cheaper. And when you set your date, be sure it’s nowhere near a holiday (i.e. Mother’s Day weekend), days with personal significance (like birthdays or other big annually occasions that involve your family or close friends), or also local events that could affect traffic and hotel room availability for out-of-state guests.
- Guests come first: You will have to know the approximate number of guests you’ll invite, so you can start choosing the venue. Keep in mind that around half of the wedding expenses go to wining and dining your guests, so if you are on a tight budget, cutting your guest list is always a good idea.
- Hire a photographer: The photos are the only lasting memory you will have of your wedding day, and if they don’t turn out as you want them you will be disappointed. This is what makes a wedding photographer so important. Every photographer has a different style, so it’s a good idea to first decide the style of pictures that you want and then check different photographers, in order to decide which one suits you the best. And don’t forget that you can have the best wedding photographer ever, but if you don’t communicate your desires and expectations, the photographs are never going to come out the way you wanted them to.